Maple Sausage Sliders with Slaw
Small in size but big in flavor, these dynamite coleslaw-topped sliders are sure to score a touchdown with hungry fans. They’re a welcome change from usual game-day fare. —Lisa Huff, Wilton, CT
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds bulk maple pork sausage
- 18 dinner rolls, split and lightly toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, apple, blue cheese and red onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over coleslaw mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, onion, thyme, salt and pepper. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 18 patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in batches over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Top each bottom roll with a burger and 2 tablespoons coleslaw mixture. Replace roll tops.
Nutrition Facts1 slider with 2 tablespoons slaw: 331 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
May 28, 2019
These were simple to make but pack a lot of flavor. I added 1 Tablespoon of real maple syrup into the sausage mixture to pack a little more of the maple flavor into the patty. These will make your party quests very happy.