Maple Salmon with Mushroom Couscous
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- Line a small baking pan with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the syrup, soy sauce and garlic. Place fillets skin side down on prepared pan. Brush half of the syrup mixture over salmon. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 7 minutes. Brush with remaining syrup mixture. Broil 6-8 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the broth, mushrooms and pepper to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Return to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 421 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1017mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Dec 6, 2014
Recipe is a 3-1/2 star. It was good and easy but too much pepper in couscous.
Jul 22, 2014
Just what I was looking for to make a gorgeous piece of fresh wild salmon head over the top!!!
Feb 7, 2011
Delicious and easy to prepare. A family favorite.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.