Maple Ricotta Mousse with Candied Pecans Recipe
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1. Place syrup in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cool completely.
- 2. In a small heavy skillet, cook and stir pecans over medium heat, about 3 minutes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon cooked syrup; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Spread on foil to cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. In a large bowl, beat ricotta and mascarpone cheeses until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup cooled syrup; gently fold in whipped cream.
- 4. To serve, spoon mousse into dessert dishes. Drizzle with remaining cooled syrup; top with candied pecans. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 646 calories, 50g fat (26g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Maple Ricotta Mousse with Candied Pecans
"easy to make and a great light ending to a heavy meal. Present it in small elegant dishes."