Maple Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Chopped pecans, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until smooth. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 45-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and top of pie is set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar, syrup and pumpkin pie spice until stiff peaks form. Pipe or dollop onto pie. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 489 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Maple Pumpkin Pie
"Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! easy, tasty, definitely a "keeper" recipe. Thank you !"
"I made two pies for Thanksgiving, and all of them came from this site. Of the 7 pies at this year's gathering, mine were the only ones that were completely gone. This was one of them. The pumpkin with the maple were delicious, and we got many compliments. It was very easy to make, and we had most of the ingredients already. I think I only had to buy the pumpkin. Great pie."
"This is an exceptional pumpkin pie. Delish!!! Everyone raved about it. Best ever. Will make this one every time. Even surpassed my grandson's expectations. Thanks for a great recipe."
"Loved it!! So easy and delicious"
"Absolutely delicious! Huge hit with everyone who has tried it."
"Have been making this recipe for the last few years during the holidays, everyone loves it. Do use pure maple syrup really makes the difference."
"It was fantastic!"
"fabulous... I wont ever be making plain pumpkin pie again. I used pure maple syrup and the taste is perfection!"