Maple Pumpkin Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, milk, oil and 1 tablespoon syrup; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, remaining brown sugar and syrup until smooth. Gently stir into batter until mixture appears swirled.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about three-fourths full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 308 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 6, 2013
My granddaughter & I tried these muffins yesterday for her 4-H project. They were very moist & the flavor was very good. They were a keeper for my recipe file.Bonnie
Oct 24, 2011
With all of the ingredients in this recipe I thought that the muffin would be very moist and flavorful. These are just so-so. I would not make again.
Sep 28, 2009
My husband and son said these were really good. They usually don't like muffins. I spread a little bit of butter on mine while they were still hot. Yum Yum!!!!!!!!!Sandy
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.