Maple Praline Supreme
This is such an easy dessert to fix well in advance and tuck in the freezer for a special treat anytime. Maple syrup has the right flavor to make it dynamite.—Pat Bixby, Lake Elmore, Vermont
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine the nuts, brown sugar and butter. Spread onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until browned. Cool; crumble and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine marshmallow creme and syrup until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Place half of the nut mixture in a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Top with marshmallow mixture and remaining nut mixture. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm. Invert onto a serving plate and slice.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 467 calories, 34g fat (14g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Maple Praline Supreme in Taste of Home February/March 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.