- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- In a bowl, combine the pecans, coconut, flour and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a 10-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack (leave oven on).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Combine brown sugar and flour; add to cream cheese. Add the cream, syrup, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Beat in the eggs just until combined. Stir in toffee bits. Pour over crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. In a small bowl, combine the syrup and whipped topping; carefully spread over cheesecake. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forMaple Praline Cheesecake
"Excellent recipe! It requires a few steps but is worth it. The interesting crust and topping really make this cheesecake. It's an especially great recipe for a holiday dessert table. Yum!"