Maple Pot Roast
“I grew up in my Italian grandmother’s home, and whenever I think of her, I remember comfort foods like pot roast. This recipe is te result of experimentation,” writes Amy Miazga from Ballston Spa, New York.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 fresh pearl onions, peeled
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, brown meat on both sides. Combine the orange juice, syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, orange zest, salt and pepper; pour over roast. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the carrot, celery and onions; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add potato; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Serve roast and vegetables with pan juices.