Maple Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and ginger. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook pork in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove and keep warm. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 461 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Jan 26, 2014
Delicious! I actually put the pork chops back into the sauce and cooked them for several minutes to have the taste of the sauce be on the meat more. YUM!
Jan 23, 2014
Not a huge pork chop fan, but these are yummy!!!
May 19, 2013
Very good! Didn't have bread crumbs so I used panko and it was great!
Jan 24, 2013
Great recipe, I made one change, I added about 8oz. Of apple juice to the sauce. I got rave reviews with each bite, this from a man who doesn't like pork, lol.
Dec 1, 2012
Super easy and really yummy!
Oct 11, 2012
I used 1/2 panko 1/2 shake and bake. Lol. The pork came out amazingly! The sauce was out of the park awesome. This was actually a replacement meal for another pork chop dish I forgot an ingredient for. I have a sneaking suspicion that even at the last moment this was a phenomenally better recipe. Yum!
Aug 3, 2012
Very good with or without the sauce. My husband thought the sauce was too sweet, but used sparingly, it really makes these pork chops special.
Aug 16, 2011
the sauce was very good. the chops took a little longer to cook that recipe indicated. husband loved the dish!
Apr 21, 2011
This is a great recipe for pork chops. My husband, who eats just about anything, is picky about pork. I never rarely make pork anymore but I tried it because I like pork and he really liked this meal.
Feb 24, 2011
I have never had any luck cooking pork chops on top of the stove. They are always tough and I was certainly hesitant to try this one but they sure sounded yummy. I made them today and they were excellent!!! I was so surprised. I will make this again, real soon!! Thanks!