- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 3 cups pecan halves
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Divide dough into 12 portions. Roll each portion into a 5-in. circle; transfer to 12 ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim pastry even with edges. Refrigerate 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the first six filling ingredients. Pour into tart shells; arrange pecans over tops. Bake 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool on wire racks. If desired, serve with ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forMaple Pecan Tarts
"Dave!!! Thank you for your comments! I am so glad I could share this recipe and bring back some great memories for you! I hope your grandchildren enjoy it as much as you do. Redawna"
"My great Aunt made these for me when I was a kid back during WWII and I loved them, unconditionally. I often wished I had her recipe over these last seventy-five years, but alas, I've come upon it once more. The next time my Grand kids come to visit I will show them how good things were back in the olden days!!Thanks, Redawna K. You've just made my day!Dave Thompson,An old Commander, USN, retired"