Maple-Pecan Snack Mix
"This is perfect when I need something healthy and portable for my kids to put in a bag to eat on the go. We love blueberry pancakes, and this recipe incorporates some of that great flavor in a handy, healthy treat." Jackie Gregston, Hallsville, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereal, granola and pecans; set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and syrup. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread onto waxed paper; cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with blueberries and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 323 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Maple Pecan Granola Chex Mix in Taste of Home August/September 2010
Aug 29, 2010
Easy and delicious - perfect for at home or on the go.
Aug 15, 2010
I first made it for my husband and he loved it. I made it for work and was asked for the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.