Maple-Pecan Snack Mix
"This is perfect when I need something healthy and portable for my kids to put in a bag to eat on the go. We love blueberry pancakes, and this recipe incorporates some of that great flavor in a handy, healthy treat." Jackie Gregston, Hallsville, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 1 cup granola without raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereal, granola and pecans; set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and syrup. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread onto waxed paper; cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with blueberries and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 323 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 29, 2010
Easy and delicious - perfect for at home or on the go.
Aug 15, 2010
I first made it for my husband and he loved it. I made it for work and was asked for the recipe.