Maple-Pecan Cream Pie
I love to bake using the real maple syrup I get from a farm down the road. Mixing 1/2 cup into the filling really enhances my pecan pie. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 450°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in. thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar, sour cream, cream, syrup and flour. Pour into pie shell. Bake 15-20 minutes or until filling begins to set.
- Sprinkle pecans over pastry. Cover edge loosely with foil. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or just until set (mixture will jiggle). Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
Originally published as MAPLE PECAN CREAM PIE in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.