Maple-Pecan Cream Pie
I love to bake using the real maple syrup I get from a farm down the road. Mixing 1/2 cup into the filling really enhances my pecan pie. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 450°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in. thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- Line crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar, sour cream, cream, syrup and flour. Pour into crust. Bake until filling begins to set, 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle pecans over pastry. Cover edge loosely with foil. Bake just until set (mixture will jiggle), 25-30 minutes longer. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.