I love to bake using the real maple syrup I get from a farm down the road. Mixing 1/2 cup into the filling really enhances my pecan pie. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan
Recommended: Pie Recipes Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 450°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in. thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar, sour cream, cream, syrup and flour. Pour into pie shell. Bake 15-20 minutes or until filling begins to set.
- Sprinkle pecans over pastry. Cover edge loosely with foil. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or just until set (mixture will jiggle). Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Pecan Cream Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p132