- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Additional maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, syrup and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm with syrup if desired or allow to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forMaple-Pecan Corn Bread
"LOVED IT! This is delicious. I don't care for the taste of buttermilk in my cornbread, so I used 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup buttermilk."
"e enjoy thid corn bread. Being someone with **Type I Diabetes** I find it difficult finding recipes with *few* carbs, however, this recipe with only 20 carbs ~ 15 grams = 1 carb comes close. Thank you for sharing!! J."
"I actually didn't make this yet; a co-worker did at a pot luck of ours, and I had to have the recipe! I can't wait to make it for my family!"