These buttery baked pears enjoy round-the-clock popularity. They bring ease and elegance to dessert or breakfast. —Amelia Ginett, Sodus, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 medium pears, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until pears are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Serve with warm pears.