Maple Peanut Mix
Maple syrup and butter combine to coat a combination of nuts, pretzels, dried cranberries and chocolate chips. I like adding some crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.—Sharlene Heatwole, McDowell, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min. + standing
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil; set aside. In a large bowl, combine syrup and butter. Stir in peanuts and pepper flakes if desired. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in pretzels and cranberries. Spread mixture onto waxed paper; sprinkle with chips. Let stand until dry. Store in an airtight container.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the mix up to a week in advance.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 259 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Maple Peanut Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.