Maple syrup and butter combine to coat a combination of nuts, pretzels, dried cranberries and chocolate chips. I like adding some crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.—Sharlene Heatwole, McDowell, Virginia
Recommended: Sweet Treats with Bacon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil; set aside. In a large bowl, combine syrup and butter. Stir in peanuts and pepper flakes if desired. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in pretzels and cranberries. Spread mixture onto waxed paper; sprinkle with chips. Let stand until dry. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 cups.
Originally published as Maple Peanut Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p68