Maple Peanut Delights
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar and flavoring until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. In a microwave, melt candy coating, stirring often. Dip balls in coating; sprinkle with peanuts. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 208 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 8, 2017
This is MY favorite holiday candy!!! If you don't like maple favoring you can always use another kind. I've used it with strawberry flavoring and they turned out just as yummy!
Oct 11, 2012
I have been making this recipe from the time it was first printed in Taste of Home.At first just at holidays now all the time. Thank you Sheila
Jul 14, 2010
Amazing flavor! The maple really goes well with the nuts. I served these at a bridal shower & they were a hit!
Nov 10, 2008
Wonderful, just like my Mother made for Christmas, except she used walnuts instead of peanuts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.