- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar and flavoring until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt candy coating, stirring often. Dip balls in coating; sprinkle with peanuts. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Reviews forMaple Peanut Delights
"This is MY favorite holiday candy!!! If you don't like maple favoring you can always use another kind. I've used it with strawberry flavoring and they turned out just as yummy!"
"I have been making this recipe from the time it was first printed in Taste of Home.At first just at holidays now all the time. Thank you Sheila"
"Amazing flavor! The maple really goes well with the nuts. I served these at a bridal shower & they were a hit!"
"Wonderful, just like my Mother made for Christmas, except she used walnuts instead of peanuts."