Maple Oatmeal Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup water plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
1 slice: 104 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Maple Oatmeal Bread
"It made a dense loaf, as others have said but the flavour was really nice and made good toast!"
"maybe i did something wrong but my bread came out short and extremely dense. It did however make a good french toast."
"My favorite bread machine recipe! Nice dense loaf and excellent flavor!"