Maple Oatmeal Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours + cooling
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 104 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 20, 2013
Soft bread with a slightly sweet taste. A new family favorite. We made in a Breadman Ultimate bread maker. We used white whole wheat King Arthur flour.
Jan 3, 2012
It made a dense loaf, as others have said but the flavour was really nice and made good toast!
Oct 1, 2011
maybe i did something wrong but my bread came out short and extremely dense. It did however make a good french toast.
Sep 7, 2010
My favorite bread machine recipe! Nice dense loaf and excellent flavor!
May 24, 2010
My bread machine broke, so I was a bit disappointed in the results. How would you adjust the recipe without a bread machine?
Apr 2, 2010
Excellent and easy! Very moist, with a subtle flavor. Perfect bread for breakfast!
Feb 9, 2010
This bread was great. I am diabetic so I changed the maple syrup to sugar free breakfast syrup and saved about 4 grams of carbs.