Maple Oatmeal Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours + cooling
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 104 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 20, 2013
Soft bread with a slightly sweet taste. A new family favorite. We made in a Breadman Ultimate bread maker. We used white whole wheat King Arthur flour.
Jan 3, 2012
It made a dense loaf, as others have said but the flavour was really nice and made good toast!
Oct 1, 2011
maybe i did something wrong but my bread came out short and extremely dense. It did however make a good french toast.
Sep 7, 2010
My favorite bread machine recipe! Nice dense loaf and excellent flavor!
May 24, 2010
My bread machine broke, so I was a bit disappointed in the results. How would you adjust the recipe without a bread machine?
Apr 2, 2010
Excellent and easy! Very moist, with a subtle flavor. Perfect bread for breakfast!
Feb 9, 2010
This bread was great. I am diabetic so I changed the maple syrup to sugar free breakfast syrup and saved about 4 grams of carbs.