Maple-Nut Snack Mix
Maple syrup adds just the right amount of sweetness to this crunchy blend. "We take along individual plastic bags of the mix when we're fishing along the river. The pretzel "fish" seem to attract the real ones!" says Diane Nemitz of Ludington, Michigan.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3/4 cup fish-shaped pretzels
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels, walnuts and sesame seeds. Combine syrup and butter; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 40-45 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.