Maple syrup adds just the right amount of sweetness to this crunchy blend. "We take along individual plastic bags of the mix when we're fishing along the river. The pretzel "fish" seem to attract the real ones!" says Diane Nemitz of Ludington, Michigan.
Recommended: Holiday Popcorn
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3/4 cup fish-shaped pretzels
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels, walnuts and sesame seeds. Combine the syrup and butter; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 250° for 40-45 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Maple-Nut Snack Mix in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p39
Reviews forMaple-Nut Snack Mix
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2008
"could you use honey instead of Maphe syrup?"