Maple Nut Date Cookies Recipe
I can't resist these soft cookies topped with a maple-flavored frosting. Dates, pecans and coconut add some unexpected wholesomeness.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in syrup (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in dates, pecans and coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- 3. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the cream, syrup, vanilla and maple flavoring until smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: about 8 dozen.
2 each: 143 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Maple Nut Date Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC