- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets with the sugar. Stir in water, egg, maple flavoring and 6 tablespoons butter; mix well.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 2-3 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 45-60 minutes.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and maple flavoring. Add nuts; set aside. Punch dough down and divide dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to a 12-in. circle; place on a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Brush with some of the remaining butter and sprinkle with a third of the filling. Repeat with remaining dough, butter and filling.
- Pinch dough around outer edge to seal. Place a small glass in center. Cut dough from outside edge just to the 2-in. center circle, forming 16 wedges. Twist each wedge five to six times. Cover and let rise until doubled, 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forMaple Nut Coffee Cake
"Have servered this several times. Get great reviews. I love it."
"My mother has made this recipe for 40 years with her regular bread dough recipe instead of the hot roll mix. It is always a favorite and I find myself craving it every once in a while. Thank you!!"
"Perfect if you want to spend a bit more time creating something extra special. This is very tasty. I took it to a family gathering and it disappeared quickly."
"I love this recipe my only problem is that it requires a Hot Roll mix in the recipe. For some reason my grocery store doesn't care that anymore. What substitute could I use."
"I LOVE this recipe!!! I have already made it twice and EVERYONE loves it! It's worth the time to make and will not disappoint!"
"I've made this coffee cake to rave reviews a number of times. It's always requested when guests stay over! Very satisfying!"