Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- Melted chocolate, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the cracker crumbs, walnuts and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the maple flavoring, extract and lemon zest. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove rim from pan. If desired, drizzle cheesecake with melted chocolate.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 434 calories, 35g fat (20g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 30, 2013
I haven't been able to taste it yet but the 3/4 cup of graham cracker crumbs was not enough, I ended up doing 1 1/2 cups with 6 Tbsp of butter. It smells good and I'm looking forward to trying it out.