- 1-1/4 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Sift together flour and brown sugar; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and maple flavoring. Add sugar a little at a time, beating until stiff. Gradually fold in flour/sugar mixture, about 1/4 at a time. Spoon half the batter into an ungreased angel food cake pan; sprinkle with nuts. Cut through batter with knife; spoon in remaining batter. Bake at 375° for about 35 minutes. Cool inverted on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forMaple Nut Angel Food Cake
"this is a very good cake that rises very high and tastes very good.. if you like walnuts"