- 3/4 cup plus 6 teaspoons maple syrup, divided
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat 3/4 cup syrup just until it simmers. Reduce heat to low. Stir a small amount of hot syrup into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Transfer to a large bowl; set bowl in ice water and stir for 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the syrup mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes. Chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, drizzle with remaining syrup and sprinkle with hazelnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMaple Mousse
"Tasty dessert. Used it to make maple trifle. I found that I needed to add more egg yolks to thicken the syrup. I also added maple extract and extra syrup to the whipped cream to bump up the maple flavour a little bit."