Salty and sweet ingredients combine for an easy, wholesome breakfast or snack. Hosting a kids' party? Pack the granola into treat bags and present them as take-home favors. —Elizabeth Godecke, Chicago, Illinois
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans and pumpkin seeds. In a small bowl, mix maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in dried fruits; serve with yogurt. Store granola in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Maple Morning Granola in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p100