- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir in hot water and butter; bring to a boil. Add the milk, maple flavoring, vanilla and 8 marshmallows. Heat through, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are melted. Ladle into mugs and top each with a marshmallow. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMaple Hot Chocolate
"Never thought of using maple. Didn't have any maple flavoring so I used regular maple syrup and some agave to taste instead of regular sugar. Very good!! Thank you!"
"Kelly doubled the cocoa and she has used maple syrup if she didn't have maple flavoring. Super good."
"This turned out to be a pleasant surprise! Delicious."
"This is amazing - one of the best homemade hot chocolates I've ever had. So creamy, so tasty, so yummy!! I can hardly wait to make it again."