- 8 small new potatoes or 1 large potato, cut into 8 chunks
- 3 carrots, cut into 8 pieces (2 inches each)
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 large green or large sweet red pepper
- 8 large mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Cook potatoes and carrots in boiling water for 7-10 minutes or until barely tender. Cut pork into 12 equal pieces and pepper into eight chunks. Thread meat and vegetables alternately onto four long skewers; set aside. Combine butter, syrup and orange peel in a small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes; turn and brush with butter mixture. Continue cooking, turning and basting frequently, for 14-17 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMaple-Glazed Kabobs
"Nice flavor! Next time I'd boil the carrots until crisp-tender before skewering. Our pork was starting to dry out and the carrots were still too crisp for our liking. Or maybe I'll use squash insted of the carrots."