Maple-Glazed Apple Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnaps
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie pan with the bottom crust. Place half of the apples in the crust; set aside.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, combine sugars, gingersnaps, cinnamon, nuts and butter; sprinkle half over apples in crust. Top with remaining apples and sugar mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut a few slits in the top and place over apples; seal. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375° for 35 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, bring syrup to a gentle boil in a small saucepan. Remove pie from oven; remove foil and brush hot syrup over pie and into vents. Return pie to oven and bake, uncovered, 20 minutes longer. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 525 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Maple-Glazed Apple Pie
"Our favorite way to enjoy apple pie. Absolutely delicious and very pretty presentation as well."