- 7 cups cubed French bread
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup warm whipping cream (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional maple syrup
- Place bread in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; press down gently. sprinkle with raisins. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually bet in whipping cream and syrup; mix well. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; add to cream cheese mixture.
- Pour evenly over the bread; lightly press bread into egg mixture with a spatula. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until center is set and the top is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMaple French Toast Casserole
"Delicious! Even after I lightened it up a bit with whole grain bread and fat free cream cheese. Definately a keeper!"
"I served this recipe to six lovely and talented collegiates staying with us last weekend. It went over very well. I also changed the recipe a bit by adding the extra cream cheese and next time I think I would also increase the liquid just a bit. Other than that, I found it very tasty and will add this to my "company for breakfast" recipes!!!!"
"This is very good. Mixes up quickly, smells wonderful and was enjoyed by all when I took it into the office. It's a keeper!"
"AWESOME!!! The Best ever!! Served it to company and they ALL loved it! Said it tasted just like their Mother's!!"
"My family of five LOVED this recipe and now cheer every time I make it."
"I've made this twice & received rave reviews each time. I did double the cream cheese the second time. It seemed to make it more moist. I think it would also be good to sprinkle cinn & sugar on top prior to baking."
"This seems like a bread pudding...not that there's anything wrong with that! Sounds delicious!"