Maple-Dijon Sprout Medley
Sweet maple syrup pairs perfectly with Dijon mustard in this party-perfect veggie dish. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- Place the brussels sprouts, onions and carrots in a steamer basket; place in Dutch oven over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a microwave, melt butter and syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in the mustard, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 216 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Party Perfect Maple-Dijon Veggies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011