Maple-Cream Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, toss apples, sugar and cinnamon. In a large skillet, cook apple mixture in butter for 10-12 minutes or until tender; cool. Spoon into pastry shell; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gradually beat into cream cheese. Stir in extract. Spoon over apple layer. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Spread onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, stirring three or four times. Cool. Just before serving, sprinkle topping over pie.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 469 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 1, 2013
A hit from day one
Aug 4, 2013
This is my favorite pie. I make it when ever I need to bring a dessert or when company comes and I have enough apples. I'm making 2 tonight again! Everyone Loves it and askes for the recipe . I'd give it 6 stars if I could. Thank you
Oct 17, 2011
The recipe sounded delicious, so I had high hopes. But the maple filling was overbearing and there was too much of it. My family did not like it so I won't be making it again.
Oct 12, 2009
I made this pie 3 years ago and it is my favorite apple pie! I'm making two and taking them in for a work pitch in and will be taking several copies of the recipe!