Maple-Cream Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, toss apples, sugar and cinnamon. In a large skillet, cook apple mixture in butter for 10-12 minutes or until tender; cool. Spoon into pastry shell; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gradually beat into cream cheese. Stir in extract. Spoon over apple layer. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Spread onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, stirring three or four times. Cool. Just before serving, sprinkle topping over pie.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 469 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 1, 2013
A hit from day one
Aug 4, 2013
This is my favorite pie. I make it when ever I need to bring a dessert or when company comes and I have enough apples. I'm making 2 tonight again! Everyone Loves it and askes for the recipe . I'd give it 6 stars if I could. Thank you
Oct 17, 2011
The recipe sounded delicious, so I had high hopes. But the maple filling was overbearing and there was too much of it. My family did not like it so I won't be making it again.
Oct 12, 2009
I made this pie 3 years ago and it is my favorite apple pie! I'm making two and taking them in for a work pitch in and will be taking several copies of the recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.