Maple-Chipotle Roasted Squash
I always seem to grow more squash than what I can use, so I decided I to come up with a recipe that could be used as a side dish. The smoky chipotle flavor and subtle sweetness from the maple syrup make this a recipe worth sharing. —Yvonne Starlin, Hermitage, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 large acorn squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Place squash in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the syrup, chipotle peppers, salt and curry powder; heat through. Pour over squash and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 143 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Roasted Pumpkin Wedges with Maple Chipolte Glaze in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.