Maple Butter Tarts
These individual tarts are so scrumptious and syrupy that I often double the recipe so I have enough for guests to take home. They're a little slice of heaven alongside a cup of coffee.—Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Butter pecan or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Cut each pastry sheet into quarters; roll each quarter into a 6-in. circle. Transfer pastry to eight ungreased 4-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Trim pastry even with edges. Place on baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Place raisins in a large bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain. In another bowl, beat the brown sugar, eggs, butter, syrup and flavoring; stir in raisins. Divide filling among tart shells.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 656 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 326mg sodium, 101g carbohydrate (71g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.