Maple Bubble Bread
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, egg, egg yolk, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine syrup and butter. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 3 minutes; set aside.
- 4. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 20 pieces. Shape each into a roll. In a shallow bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Place melted butter in a separate shallow bowl. Dip buns in butter, then coat in brown sugar mixture.
- 5. Place eight rolls in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; drizzle with 1/3 cup syrup. Top with remaining rolls, syrup and brown sugar mixture. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 6. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
1 piece: 258 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 2, 2012
<p>I made this for my morning meeting as a treat for everyone. I was called evil by the woman....The men wanted more.</p>