This is my family's favorite breakfast bread. With a scrumptious topping of maple syrup and brown sugar, it's the perfect start to a special day.—Hannah Cobb, Owings Mills, Maryland
Featured In: Maple Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, egg, egg yolk, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, combine syrup and butter. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 3 minutes; set aside.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 20 pieces. Shape each into a roll. In a shallow bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Place melted butter in a separate shallow bowl. Dip buns in butter, then coat in brown sugar mixture.
- Place eight rolls in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; drizzle with 1/3 cup syrup. Top with remaining rolls, syrup and brown sugar mixture. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Maple Bubble Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p39
Reviews forMaple Bubble Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2012
"<p>I made this for my morning meeting as a treat for everyone. I was called evil by the woman....The men wanted more.</p>"