Maple Bread Pudding Recipe
Simple to put together, this comforting dessert has a pleasant maple flavor and aroma. My mouth is watering as I write.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 slices egg bread or brioche, cut into cubes
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, syrup and butter; stir in bread cubes.
- 2. Transfer to a well-greased 1-qt. pudding mold or ovenproof bowl; cover tightly. Place on a rack in a deep kettle; add 3 in. of hot water to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, adding water to pan as needed.
- 3. Let stand for 5 minutes before unmolding onto a serving plate; serve warm with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 392 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 302mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Maple Bread Pudding
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC