Maple Barbecued Ribs Recipe
February and March tempt us with the first taste of spring and the start of maple syrup season. What a great flavor for ribs!—Linda Russell, Exeter, Ontario
- 3 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place ribs meat side down on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; return to pan, meat side up. Pour sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until tender, basting occasionally. Yield: 3 servings.
1 each: 576 calories, 33g fat (12g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Maple Barbecued Ribs
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2010
"Excellent recipe, I used baby back ribs."
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC