Maple Barbecued Ribs
February and March tempt us with the first taste of spring and the start of maple syrup season. What a great flavor for ribs!—Linda Russell, Exeter, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 3 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. Place bone side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour; drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Brush some of the sauce over ribs. Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until tender, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 576 calories, 33g fat (12g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Maple Barbecued Ribs in Taste of Home February/March 2001