Maple Baked Apple Recipe
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon raisins, dried cranberries or dried currants
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium tart apple
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Core apple and peel the top third. Place in a small microwave-safe dish. Fill apple with walnut mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until apple is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 151 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Maple Baked Apple
"made this for company! it was delicious!! adding the touch of raisins made it extra special!"