- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon raisins, dried cranberries or dried currants
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium tart apple
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Core apple and peel the top third. Place in a small microwave-safe dish. Fill apple with walnut mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until apple is tender. Serve warm.
1 each: 151 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.