Maple Baked Apple
This easy, comforting dessert dresses up a tart apple with maple and nutmeg flavors. —Mary Kelley, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total TIme: 10 min.
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon raisins, dried cranberries or dried currants
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium tart apple
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Core apple and peel the top third. Place in a small microwave-safe dish. Fill apple with walnut mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until apple is tender. Serve warm.