Our family loves Sunday brunch. Each season I try to bring a little different flavor to the table. This French toast bake reminds us of fall! Whole or 2% milk work best. I use regular almond milk because I can't have dairy. —Margaret Brott, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Recommended: Top 10 Bacon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups cubed bread
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place bread in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, brown sugar, syrup and cinnamon. Pour over bread. Sprinkle with bacon. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove casserole from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Maple Bacon French Toast Bake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018