While these delicious bite-size treats are ready in minutes, they’ll disappear in a flash. And don’t relegate the deep-fried goodness to the breakfast nook—I’ve never had anyone turn these down no matter the time of day. —Chelsea Turner, Lake Elsinore, CA
Featured In: Our Best Bacon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 maple-flavored bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Heat oil to 350° in an electric skillet or deep fryer. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning often. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, maple syrup, milk and vanilla until smooth. Dip warm doughnuts into glaze; sprinkle tops with bacon. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Maple-Bacon Doughnut Bites in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p50
Reviews forMaple-Bacon Doughnut Bites
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2016
"We really liked these! They were a wonderful salty sweet treat! My boys ate them up in no time! I did add about 1/4 cup extra flour to get them to hold together better."
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2013