Maple-Apple Pork Slices
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Coat pork slices with bread crumbs. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Add the apples and juice; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Combine the syrup, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over pork mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 27, 2014
I modified this quite a bit to make it low carb. I skipped the bread crumbs, replaced half of the maple syrup with apple cider, and used only 1 apple. The result was 11 g net carb per serving, which is within my carb limit, so I am a happy camper. Wonderful fall flavors without going over my limit.
Feb 6, 2011
Not knowing how much juice, I used 1 cup of apple juice and dijon mustard instead of regular mustard and also probably used a little more syrup as I rarely measure and it was excelent. The pork strips could be used with seseme seeds or finely chopped nuts instead of the bread crumbs as well. This would also be very good served in a nest of rice. My husband and I have a restaurant in Portugal and invent alot to discover new tastes. This recipe is fast and easy
Jan 16, 2011
This was really good. It called for 1/2 cup of apple juice in the magazine. I'll be making this again!
Dec 3, 2009
My husband and I really enjoyed this dish! I was a little confused when the directions mentioned juice, as there is no juice mentioned in the list of ingredients, so I added some apple juice. It turned out great!