- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 medium Golden Delicious apples (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add apples and brown sugar; cook and stir until apples are tender and coated, 15-20 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Spread evenly into shell.
- In a saucepan, combine syrup and cornstarch until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Gradually stir 1/4 cup into egg yolk; return all to pan. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Pour over apples. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add cinnamon. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Serve with pie. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMaple Apple Cream Pie
"I have made this pie several times over the years and it never fails to receive rave reviews!"
"This is a wonderful recipe. It is one of my choices when I want to end a meal in style!"
"This pie is delicious!"