Maple Apple Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, egg and flavoring; mix well. Add apple and nuts stir; stir to coat. Unroll dough and separate into eight rectangles; seal the seams and perforations. Spread each rectangle; seal the seams and perforations. Spread each rectangle with apple mixture. Roll up, starting with a short side. Place lengthwise in a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan, making two layers of four rolls. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes longer or until golden brown, uncovering the last 5 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 108 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 21, 2017
Very good! I forgot to add maple extract, so I just threw a bit into glaze:)
Jan 12, 2016
A family favorite! Delicious and easy!
Aug 22, 2013
This is an excellent recipe! The technique is great for a beautiful bread. This would work with any type of dough, and you can even experiment with different fillings. I made this with home made white bread dough, and the family LOVED it!
Feb 21, 2012
This is a really great bread and goes wonderfully with a cup of coffee in the morning. I was looking for a recipe that I could use up some crescent rolls that were quickly approaching their expiration date - and what a wonderful use for these rolls. I will definitely be using this recipe A LOT!
Mar 24, 2011
This bread is fabulous, always a hit. I have been making this since 2000.
May 19, 2009
Yummy!!!!.. my kids loved it..ThanksMc
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.