- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, egg and flavoring; mix well. Add apple and nuts stir; stir to coat. Unroll dough and separate into eight rectangles; seal the seams and perforations. Spread each rectangle; seal the seams and perforations. Spread each rectangle with apple mixture. Roll up, starting with a short side. Place lengthwise in a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan, making two layers of four rolls. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes longer or until golden brown, uncovering the last 5 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forMaple Apple Bread
"Very good! I forgot to add maple extract, so I just threw a bit into glaze:)"
"A family favorite! Delicious and easy!"
"This is a really great bread and goes wonderfully with a cup of coffee in the morning. I was looking for a recipe that I could use up some crescent rolls that were quickly approaching their expiration date - and what a wonderful use for these rolls. I will definitely be using this recipe A LOT!"
"This bread is fabulous, always a hit. I have been making this since 2000."
"Yummy!!!!.. my kids loved it..ThanksMc"